This is the personal blog of London photographer, backpacker, traveller Mark Coughlan. The intention of the blog is communicate updates from my personal website and on my photography projects and travels both in the UK and worldwide. When backpacking the obscure places on earth, this blog will be continually updated with images and thoughts from the road. [Read more about me]

Thursday 28 August 2008

If it wasn't for John Honney.....

He's a pretty inspirational fella is my mate John. He's someone who should take a pretty hefty share for the inspration over the years and for the desire to travel that even to this day is what drives me.

I first met john back in 2003 over an cheeky ale in the Bush Ranger pub (RIP), what was then a pwopa boozer but now some pouncy Starbucks yuppy type called the "Dog pissing on stinging nettles" or something.
At the time John had just returned from his latest round the world trip, this time to South America and I was a fresh faced, disenchated youngster seeking more out of life, adventure and culture (as if Shepherds Bush didn't offer that).

John has (finally) got himself a website/blog which is a truely facinating read.

Without spoiling what I hope you will all read on his blog, John is currently working for The Cambodia Trust in the Cambodian capital, Phenom Pehn - Living life as it should be, getting the most out of it whatever is thrown at you.

I just hope that when I get *cough* as old as John, that I'm still fulfilling life to the max as he clearly is.

Have a good read - John Honney: Planet Honneywood

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterNoris