This is the personal blog of London photographer, backpacker, traveller Mark Coughlan. The intention of the blog is communicate updates from my personal website and on my photography projects and travels both in the UK and worldwide. When backpacking the obscure places on earth, this blog will be continually updated with images and thoughts from the road. [Read more about me]

Monday 12 May 2008

Vote for me! - Canon, The Assignment photography competition

I've just entered a brand new photography competition and need your help to be in with a chance of winning it!

The Assignment is a new European photography competition from Canon which challenges amateur photographers to submit their best work. There are four categories - Portrait, Landscape, Sport and Macro - and 19 European countries are taking part.

My chosen photo which is part of the portrait category, is of the young girl traditionally dressed I took in Cochin, south India. She was one of a number of dancers who were waiting nervously back stage before performing a traditional dance to the onlookers at an New Year's Eve celebration.

The initial part of the competition seems more a popularity one than one based on actual talent, as only the most popular photos as voted by the public will get as far as the judging stage.

To be in with chance of getting that far I need the help of you good people. If you can, please visit the link below and vote for my entry. The only set back is you need to register on the site before you can vote.

Click here to vote for Mark Coughlan in The Assignment competition!

Thanks a bunch and I'll buy you all a drink!

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterNoris