This is the personal blog of London photographer, backpacker, traveller Mark Coughlan. The intention of the blog is communicate updates from my personal website and on my photography projects and travels both in the UK and worldwide. When backpacking the obscure places on earth, this blog will be continually updated with images and thoughts from the road. [Read more about me]

Tuesday 8 July 2008

...and the winner is....

After some research and some much needed advice I am now the owner of the Canon 24-70mm f2.8L Lens.
Finally I got hold of a virtually brand new lens, in absolute mint condition all for the very resonable price of £550. Cheap in comparsion the the listed price of just under £900 and the average Ebay price of £650.

To finance (in part) the cost of the new lens I've parted company with my Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Lens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been comparing 24-70 and 24-105 for a long time before. Amidst other comments that 24-70 is not very much a travel lens due to its weight and size, my personal take is that this is very individual.

24-70 is great, especially with its 2.8 botek. It offers flexibility. Drop down to f/11 for landscape at 24mm (on my 5D), and f/2.8 to get a few people shots. I think it's a great choice u have there.

 
Free Blog CounterNoris